ROTEM® platelet: Proven technologies in one system
The ROTEM® platelet measures platelet aggregation in whole blood samples using impedance aggregometry. The new device is run in conjunction with the ROTEM® delta, and is compatible with all existing ROTEM® delta models with serial numbers > 2000.
Easy and safe handling
The ROTEM® platelet characteristics are:
- Dedicated single use cuvettes with electrodes
- 2 channels can be used simultaneously
- Measurement time is 6 min, while allowing for emergency samples
Measurements can be performed on the ROTEM® platelet device while running measurements on the ROTEM® delta system simultaneously.
Fast therapeutic decisions
- First results in 6 minutes
- 3 different parameters are available
- AUC (area under the curve in Ohm*min)
- A6 (amplitude at 6 min in Ohm)
- MS (maximum slope of the aggregation graph in Ohm/min)
Safe near-patient diagnosis
With the ROTEM® platelet differential diagnosis, the type of a platelet aggregation disorder can be determined. Rapid test results can help clinicians identify between surgical bleeding and platelet dysfunction, and make the monitoring of platelet therapy possible.